Kansas City

State calls witnesses in Jessica Runions case – Kansas City, Missouri

Kansas City, Missouri 2021-04-08 20:31:26 –

Kansas City, Missouri — Four days after Kylr Yust’s double murder trial, testimony began in the case of Jessica Runions, the second victim.

The day began at the end of the eavesdropped recording. There, you can hear Justo having a séance with Caitlin Farris in an attempt to come into contact with the spirit of Kara Kopetsky, the first victim.

You can hear Justo telling Faris, “Does this really turn on you that I killed the girl?”

Faris denied it, and Justo accused her of trying to get him to confess. You can hear him saying, “I killed her.”

Faris told the jury that she had a conflict with wearing wires at first because she was on good terms with Justo, but said, “If I were in that position, I wanted someone to do the same.” I agreed.

The prosecution concludes the witness’s testimony in the Kopetsky case with a confession that Justo allegedly killed a friend and a testimony from an FBI agent who specialized in cell phone records and worked on the Kopetsky case.

The testimony of the Lunions case began with a statement by her mother, Jamie Lunions, who spoke about Jessica’s personality and her love for her sisters.

“Jessica used to call me a mama bear, but she was a mama bear herself. She has been caring for her sisters since she was a baby,” said Jamie Lunions.

Although her testimony was short, Jessica Lunions provided important, previously unknown details about the case, including the nature of the appointment of doctors who never appeared.

Her mother said she had just had an appendectomy and needed to go to a follow-up appointment to be cleared to get back to work. It emphasized how strange it is for her to miss it.

Jamie Lunions said the seven months between Jessica’s disappearance and the discovery of her body was the longest in her life.

The defense did not cross-examine Jamie Lunions.

The jury also heard new details about the night party where Jessica Lunions disappeared.

Host Alan Alvarado and attendee Tiffany Beth testified about the bonfire that Lunions and Justo were at.

They explained the unstable behavior from Drunk Justo. His mood changed from affectionately “cling” to aggressive, Alvarado and Beth said.

The night culminated in the incident of Just returning to Alvarado’s mom’s car in a Lunions car. Indignant at the damage, Alvarado took a time-stamped photo at 11:42 pm on September 8, 2016.

This is the last time everyone has seen Runions alive.

The· 4th day of court It concludes with testimony from a retired police station in Kansas City, Missouri. Barbara Eckert, who was in charge of the murder detectives investigating the death of Lunions.

She read the email exchange between Yust and Runions. This again showed uneven mood and was sometimes sexually graphic.

Two calls between Justo and his mother were also made in court from his early days in Jackson County Detention Center.

Among them, he tells her that his upbringing played a role in the alleged murder. She asks him to tell her where the Lunions body is so that her family can be closed.

The defense seemed to argue that the mother might have asked her to receive the bounty offered at the time for her recovery.

On the second phone call, Just said, “I didn’t do anything. I’m not going to sit here and pretend like I did,” and played with the story of him killing a girl. I apologized for that.

His mother got angry with it and said, “Drag her body somewhere in the woods.” Just continued to deny it.

The court reopened at 8:30 am on Friday, with more witnesses in the Lunions case.

— —

41 Action News promises to fully report on Kylr Yust’s trial accused of killing Kara Kopetsky and Jessica Runions.visit kshb.com/yusttrial All stories, case details, timeline and more.

State calls witnesses in Jessica Runions case Source link State calls witnesses in Jessica Runions case

Back to top button