Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 2021-03-30 20:44:41 –
Oklahoma City () – Stavian Rodriguez’s mother filed a proceeding against Oklahoma City, the chief of the Oklahoma City Police Department, and five police officers who shot and killed Rodriguez on the night of November 23, 2020.
Rodriguez’s mother, Cameo Holland, filed a proceeding three weeks after David Prater, a lawyer in the Oklahoma County district, represented by lawyer Land Eddie. Indicted Oklahoma City police officer Manslaughter with Bethany Sears, Jared Burton, Corey Adams, John Scooter, Brad Pemberton. Sgt. Sarah Curly also fired at Rodriguez, but was not charged because she fired a less lethal weapon.
All five police officers have been nominated as defendants in the proceedings, along with the city of Oklahoma City and police chief Wade Girly.
“”[Stavian Rodriguez] When he was shot more than 20 times and 13 times by five defendants, he was in the process of complying with the order and surrendering, “the proceedings said.
Police say 15-year-old Rodriguez Commit an armed robbery with Okie ExpressWhen he hid in a convenience store, near the Western and Interstate 240.
A body camera image of a policeman shows a convenience store owner telling a policeman that a man with a gun robbed the store and locked him inside.
The District Attorney’s Office released surveillance video footage of the shooting involving police officers, and police officers released body camera footage from each police officer involved in the shooting.
Surveillance video shows a 15-year-old kid crawling through a drive-through window in a store. When he goes out, the video shows that he is dropping his weapon on the ground in front of him.
According to court documents, “then he puts his left hand in his left back pocket and his right hand in his right front pocket or waistline.”
After that, the officers fired.
According to the inspector general, Stabian was shot 13 times.
“The Stabian was shot within 6 seconds of the window and within 2 seconds of the gun landing on the ground,” Eddie said earlier.
The proceedings have been overpowered by the police station for a long time. December 11 shooting dead Benny Edwards, a homeless man armed with a knife Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.. Sgt.Clifford Holman Indicted for manslaughter For Edwards shooting Edwards after overtaking him and his fellow officers. The billing document states that it was “unnecessary” and “no good reason” for Holman to fire at that time.
The following is a de facto allegation from a lawsuit over the use of excessive force by the police station.
46. The city has maintained for years the second highest per capita rate of people killed by police officers by its division, the Oklahoma City Police, although it is aware of this fact. , A public statement to the media in connection with and close to the event causing this proceeding.
47. The city maintains patterns, practices, policies, and / or practices that exert excessive force on the people of Oklahoma City.
48. The city was deliberately indifferent to the patterns, practices, policies, and / or practices of OKCPD police officers to use excessive force on the people of Oklahoma City.
49. The City deliberately perpetuates and influences patterns, practices, policies, and / or practices that exert excessive force on the people of Oklahoma City and / or bring excessive force to the people of Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City has been here.
50. City policy makers are always aware of the above in relation, but have not taken sufficient action or action to improve the situation.
51. In response to residents’ complaints about city patterns, practices, and excessive power practices, the city established a task force in the summer of 2020, including police chiefs and mayors, to consider and consider the issue of excessive power. Fixed. However, the policymakers have not taken sufficient action to prevent excessive force injuries and deaths from SR and other people from OKCPD.
52. On December 12, 2020, OKCPD police officers shot dead Benny Edwards on another manslaughter charge in Oklahoma City. Police have also been charged with crime in the Oklahoma County District Court. Oklahoma.
“I made a runaway report that was active when Oklahoma County killed him,” she said. “He had some problems with many teenagers, especially young boys with no father involved, which really got out of hand in a few months.”
All five indicted officers are on paid leave.
Suggest a fix
Stavian Rodriguez’s mother files lawsuit against City of Oklahoma City, Police Chief Gourley and 5 officers charged with his death Source link Stavian Rodriguez’s mother files lawsuit against City of Oklahoma City, Police Chief Gourley and 5 officers charged with his death