Liposuction is a surgical procedure designed to remove pockets of fats. It helps in contouring the body. It is a permanent solution from huge bundles of fatty deposits on the body.
In a typical liposuction procedure, fat is removed using suction. A narrow tube called cannula is used to do the deed here. It is a simple procedure. The success rate of the procedure is very high too.
How popular is it?
Liposuction is one of the most common surgical cosmetic procedures. It is the safest and the best of the lot. It does not cause any complications.
What areas can be treated with Liposuction?
Liposuction is frequently performed to reduce fat in the hips, thighs, abdomen, upper arms, chin, back and other areas.
The most commonly used liposuction techniques are mentioned below-
With the tumescent technique, the doctor injects a solution. This anesthetizes the fatty area. It causes the area to swell. The surgeon then tactfully removes the fats from there.
A cannulais inserted through a tiny incision. The fat is then sucked out from here.
- – Only mild local anesthesia is used.
- – Smaller incisions
- Less scarring
- – The recovery time isshorter.
- – There is less blood
- Less fluid loss.
- – The new cannula design reduces bruising
- Reduces swelling after surgery.
- – Use of antibacterial lidocaine
- Reduced risk of infection.
- – The replacement of intravenous fluid is not necessary.
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction(UAL):
- This liposuction technique utilizes ultra high frequency sound waves to liquefy fat.
- The fat is then vacuumed through a cannula that has been inserted into a small incision in the skin.
Also read liposuction surgery in pune
– Eliminates large quantities of fat cells
- Permanent solution
- – There is less blood and fluid loss
- – Short recovery time.
- – Reduces severe damage to body tissues.
- – The incisions are larger here.
- Visible scars
- – There is a risk of skin burns.
Power-assisted liposuction (PAL):
Power-assisted liposuction is very similar to the UAL technique. Here except that the surgeon uses a vibrating cannula. This cannula has a mechanized movement. This means that it is more robust and less invasive.