Texarkana, Texas 2022-06-24 09:47:18 –
Washington DC – Two nights ago, Congressman Pat Fallon (TX-04) and a colleague of the House Armed Services Committee passed the National Defense Authorization Act. Congressman Fallon has added several initiatives to the final bill. Included:
- Additional $ 183 Million for Lifesaving HMMWVABS / ESC Upgrades – This applies primarily to work done at the Red River Army Depot.
- Parliamentary sense that border security is national security.
- Report on National Guard anti-drug authorities to address border issues.
- A language that encourages the Air Force to develop advanced engine technology.
- We report languages that encourage the procurement of high energy lasers for air defense.
- Requirements for the Secretary of Defense to set a target date for establishing access
- 5G wireless broadband on military installations and reporting requirements to facilitate this.
- Report on the dilapidated infrastructure of a naval aviation training company.
- A language for facilitating the modernization of nuclear command, control, and communications.
Congressman Fallon issued the following statement:
“Last night, my colleague and I continued the tireless work that started a few months ago. We succeeded in providing an armed service with the resources needed to succeed at home and abroad. Within, there are many provisions I fought, which will strengthen our national security and support Texas. Last night’s NDAA markup was the first step in a long process. It was a positive step in the right direction. I will continue to fight for military resources and make sure Congress is responsibly and deliberately allocating these funds. “
Ranking member Micro Jarth (AL-3) added:
“Person in charge. Pat Fallon is working hard to ensure that the needs of our fighters are met. Congressman Fallon will support military personnel and strengthen the army at the 2011 NDAA. Thank you for your efforts. “
Congressman Pat Fallon Applauds Passage of FY23 NDAA Source link Congressman Pat Fallon Applauds Passage of FY23 NDAA