Texarkana, Texas 2022-01-13 14:06:46 –
Sportsplex by Healthcare Express will benefit the Texas Association of First Responders by hosting its second annual The Best Chili in Texarkana Chili Cook-off from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm on February 5th. The event will take place on the Sportsplex campus at Richmond Road 5610 in Texarkana, Texas.
Do you like cooking Join the contest! Each entry costs $ 25 and space is limited. Click the Eventbrite ticket link to buy the ticket as a competitor and reserve the space. The entry selected for the best Chile will be awarded a $ 300 grand prize.
Do you like to eat Come out and have fun! Samples are available from each contestant for only $ 5 per ticket. Click the Eventbrite ticket link to purchase an admission ticket.
Chilean food contest rules
1. Ingredients must be pre-cooked before starting the official cooking contest. Meat can be processed, pre-cut, or ground, but it must be cooked. Each athlete is responsible for ensuring that the ingredients are not cooked well and / or are not at risk of food poisoning.
2. The cooking period must be done within 24 hours of the event. Chile should be stored in a clock pot or warming container for admission by 12:30 pm. Athletes are required to bring an extension cord if necessary.
3. Each competitor needs to cook 1 gallon (4 quarts) of chili pepper (1 regular clock pot).
4. Contestants are responsible for submitting the Contestant Entry Form. Contestants will need to prepare the peppers using the recipes and ingredients of their choice. Contestants can bring a chili pepper garnish.
5. Each competitor will be assigned a player number by the Chief Scorekeeper, given 5 sampling cups, filled out and submitted to the judges. Each player ensures that the number at the bottom of the cup is the same as the number of the assigned player. Each competitor is responsible for delivering to the judging area a sample cup that must be filled to the bottom edge of the cup during the official judging time.
6. Sportsplex provides:
– Disposable bowl
– Power such as clock pots.
– Garbage can
– Drink / cup
The final entry will take place on February 4, 2021 at 12:00 pm.
Chile is blindly judged for its aroma, eye appeal, taste, and overall satisfaction.
Second Annual Best Chili in Texarkana Chili Cook-Off Slated for February 5th Source link Second Annual Best Chili in Texarkana Chili Cook-Off Slated for February 5th