Texas police have made a “wrong decision” waiting outside the classroom, officials say | Texas School Shooting

The head of the Texas Department of Public Safety admitted on Friday afternoon that armed police were “of course the wrong decision” to wait long hours outside the classroom with shooters. Tuesday school shooting He was killing children and teachers without attacking.

Police Updated timeline It suggests that about 78 minutes have passed since the shooter entered the building until the police finally entered the classroom where he was. During that time, police officers waited in the hallway for more than 45 minutes, so students were trapped in a classroom where shooters were repeatedly called 911, including those begging “send police now.”

Public Safety Director Stephen McLaugh shed tears and said at a tense press conference in Yuvalde, Texas, that he had 19 young children and two teachers. Shoot down According to a local 18-year-old who said “there is no excuse” that trained personnel did not intervene immediately.

At least 17 people were injured, victim Everything was in one classroom.

At another press conference, Texas Governor Greg Abbott did not sympathize with the controversy faced by Uvalde law enforcement agencies, and local police officials initially speeded police response to the genocide in Rob. Said he “misunderstood” about the solution. Elementary school on Tuesday.

“I’m fine,” Abbott said. “My expectation is that law enforcement leaders … lead the investigation … to ensure that the roots of all the facts are reached.

“Families whose lives have been destroyed … need accurate answers.”

Yuvalde mayor Don McLaughlin also claimed to be confused about Friday’s exposure to police response. And without giving details, his staff said he would make the necessary “changes” if deemed necessary after a response investigation.

McCraw, Abbott and McLaughlin said on Friday: Questions and anger increased In the community over the gap between information from local governments and accounts Change multiple times..

A recently 18-year-old gunman came to Robb Elementary School in a small town on Tuesday, killing 21 people after first shooting and injuring his grandmother.

He was eventually shot dead at school by a federal representative.

The attacker entered through a locked but supported and open door, and was armed after arriving in response to a desperate call from a teacher trapped inside the school with the shooter trapped in the classroom. One hour while law enforcement officers continue to kill about outside the door.

A professional SWAT team, believed to have been waiting for the police, eventually broke through the classroom and shot and killed the murderer.

After several days of sabotage and contradictory responses by other officials, McLaugh led a press conference on Friday, and the responsibility of the special police assigned to the school without appointing the person who led the response on the day. The officer who quoted the person is back.

“That was the wrong decision,” McLaugh admitted.

“The field commanders at the time believed that they had moved away from active shooters. [situation] “To the subject of the barricade,” he added, adding that the commander thought, “no child is at risk” at that time.

“Obviously, based on our information [now] There were children in the classroom at risk, “he said.

When people keep calling the 911 emergency service number throughout the break and say they have children in need of help and desperate parents outside the school are begging other officers to move there. , He suffocated because he was asked about an obvious tragic error and ends the slaughter.

He added that the 911 operator knew the children were alive, but the officers were asked about a “40-minute gap” that hadn’t entered yet. [to the classroom] And wait for the tactical team … that was the decision, and that was the thinking process.

“With the benefit of wisdom, of course, it wasn’t the right decision, it was the wrong decision. The limit. There is no excuse,” he said.

The first co-pilot on the scene was from the Yuvarde City Police Department, which has several SWAT capabilities and about 40 police officers. However, the case was directed by the Uvalde Integrated Independent School District Police Station, another department that has six officers and oversees the security of eight local schools. The Washington Post reported..

The department was headed by Pedro Aradondo, who did not name him at a press conference on Friday, but hinted that he would be the commander of the case.

Three weeks ago he was elected to the Yuvarde City Council. according to NBC News.

He has not yet answered media inquiries asking for comment.

McLough said some of the 911 phones, including a few from women who whispered and reported “multiple deaths” in the classroom. An unnamed caller from within the classroom said that eight to nine students were still alive at that stage.

At 12:36 pm local time, a 911 call lasting 21 seconds was received from a child in the classroom. The child was told to answer the phone and be quiet.

“Send the police now,” said the child, McLaugh.

Victor Escalon, regional director of the Department of Public Safety in southern Texas, said armed police arrived at Robb Elementary School in about four minutes on Thursday, but the U.S. Border Guard tactical team arrived “about an hour later.” It was. The school rushed into the classroom and killed the shooter while other armed police were waiting outside.

On March 14, the shooter posted “10 days left” on Instagram, and respondents asked, “Are you going to shoot the school to death?”

“Stop asking silly questions, and you’ll see,” he said.

Texas police have made a “wrong decision” waiting outside the classroom, officials say | Texas School Shooting

Source link Texas police have made a “wrong decision” waiting outside the classroom, officials say | Texas School Shooting

Back to top button