An industry group representing about 2,000 consumer brands wrote to President Biden on Monday, asking for an explanation last week about his announcement that all companies with more than 100 employees need to do so soon. .. Vaccination or weekly inspection required..
Mr Biden said last week that the Ministry of Labor and its Occupational Safety and Health Administration drafted a rule that would affect about 80 million workers.
However Mandate raised a nasty problem For employers working on the practicality of vaccination policies, Jeff Freeman, chairman of the Consumer Brands Association’s trade association, said.
On Monday, Freeman told Biden “immediately clear how private companies should implement aspects of the White House’s plans to achieve” our common goal of increasing vaccination rates. ” I asked.
He shared 19 questions that represent a “small sampling” of the questions posed by members of the trade association. inside that:
What vaccination documentation do companies need to collect and do they also need booster shots?
Do employees need to be fully vaccinated?
Do workers infected with the coronavirus need to be vaccinated or tested?
Do the requirements apply only to vaccines that are fully approved by the Food and Drug Administration? (Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is currently available Only fully approved shot.. )
Who is responsible for vaccination tracking? Is it a government or an individual company?
What are the consequences of tampering with vaccination status?
Other questions about testing and other policy details address similar rationale, how federal guidelines interact with state-level initiatives, who is responsible for paying for tests, employee absenteeism, and more. He touched on whether exemptions would be granted if the supply chain was disrupted by turnover. ..
Freeman said in an interview that he was also concerned about the slow pace at which governments tend to move compared to the quick decisions that private sector is accustomed to making. This was a problem during the pandemic, he said.
“For 19 months, we’ve worked with either the Trump or Biden administration, and all the institutions involved,” he said. “And the simple truth is that they were slow to keep up with the pace of change.”
He added: “We all want to get to the other side of this as soon as possible. Unless an entity like OSHA can move at the pace of the business environment, it won’t work in this scenario.”
Major business associations have generally supported the mission of providing otherwise vigilant companies with coverage requiring vaccination.
The United States Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the largest business lobbying group in the United States, states: “We strive to ensure that employers have the resources, guidance and flexibility they need to ensure the safety of their employees and customers and to comply with public health requirements. “. Another major business advocate, the Business Roundtable, said it “welcomes” the actions of the Biden administration.
Understand Vaccine and Mask Obligations in the United States
- Vaccine rules.. August 23, Food and Drug Administration Fully approved by Pfizer-BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine For people over the age of 16, it paves the way for increased obligations in both the public and private sectors.Private companies Increasingly obligatory vaccines For employees.Such a mission Legally permitted And it has been upheld by court complaints.
- Mask rule.. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in July Recommended All Americans wear masks in indoor public places within the area of the outbreak, regardless of vaccination status. This is the reverse of the guidance provided in May. Find out where CDC guidance applies, And where The state has its own mask policy.. The battle for masks is controversial in some states. Local leaders against state bans..
- University. More than 400 universities require students to be vaccinated with Covid-19. Almost everything is in the states that voted for President Biden..
- school..both California When New York City Introduced vaccine obligations to education staff. According to a survey released in August, many American parents with school-age children I’m against the vaccines that students are required to do, More support for mask man dates for students, teachers and staff who do not have shots.
- Hospitals and medical centers.. Many hospitals and major healthcare systems require employees to be vaccinated with the Covid-19 vaccine. It cites an increase in the number of cases caused by Delta variants and a stubbornly low vaccination rate in their community, even within their workforce.
- New York City..Workers and customers need vaccination proof Indoor dining, gym, performance And other indoor situations. However, enforcement will not begin until September 13. Teachers and other educational workers The city’s vast school system requires at least one vaccination by September 27, without the option of weekly testing. Municipal hospital workers You will also need to be vaccinated or have a weekly test. Employees in New York have similar rules.
- At the federal level. The Pentagon has announced that it will mandate the country’s coronavirus vaccination. 1.3 million active troops “At the latest” by mid-September.President Biden announced: All private federal officials need to do it Get vaccinated against coronavirus Or submit regular tests, social distances, mask requirements and restrictions on most trips.
However, they have also been competing to understand the details and implications that can vary depending on the size of the enterprise. Does the number of workers in the company include part-time employees? When is the compliance deadline? Do Potential Proceedings Slow Down the Process?
The White House has announced that it will provide further guidance by September 24th.
At this point, “more questions than answers,” said Ian Schaefer, a partner at Loeb & Loeb, a law firm specializing in labor issues.
Despite companies seeking more insights from lobbyists and lawyers, many companies discuss the reality of performing missions at an advanced level, even though they don’t know exactly what it involves. He said he was.
“I think they are controlling what they can control because there is no practical intelligence that gives them a little more guidance and direction. This is a lot of internal politics at the moment,” Schaefer said.
The company is asking President Biden about his vaccination obligations.
Source link The company is asking President Biden about his vaccination obligations.