Initially reluctant to establish obligations, President Biden is now more active than any other president in modern history to demand vaccination, including schools.
Understand Vaccine and Mask Obligations in the United States
- Vaccine rules.. August 23, Food and Drug Administration Fully approved by Pfizer-BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine For people over the age of 16, it paves the way for increased obligations in both the public and private sectors.Private companies Increasingly obligatory vaccines For employees.Such a mission Legally permitted And it has been upheld by court complaints.
- Mask rule.. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in July Recommended All Americans wear masks in indoor public places within the area of the outbreak, regardless of vaccination status. This is the reverse of the guidance provided in May. Find out where CDC guidance applies, And where The state has its own mask policy.. The battle for masks is controversial in some states. Local leaders against state bans..
- University. More than 400 universities require students to be vaccinated with Covid-19. Almost everything is in the states that voted for President Biden..
- school..both California When New York City Introduced vaccine obligations to education staff. According to a survey released in August, many American parents with school-age children I’m against the vaccines that students are required to do, More support for mask man dates for students, teachers and staff who do not have shots.
- Hospitals and medical centers.. Many hospitals and major healthcare systems require employees to be vaccinated with the Covid-19 vaccine. It cites an increase in the number of cases caused by Delta variants and a stubbornly low vaccination rate in their community, even within their workforce.
- New York City..Workers and customers need vaccination proof Indoor dining, gym, performance And other indoor situations. However, enforcement will not begin until September 13. Teachers and other educational workers The city’s vast school system requires at least one vaccination by September 27, without the option of weekly testing. Municipal hospital workers You will also need to be vaccinated or have a weekly test. Employees in New York have similar rules.
- At the federal level. The Pentagon has announced that it will mandate the country’s coronavirus vaccination. 1.3 million active troops “At the latest” by mid-September.President Biden announced: All private federal officials need to do it Get vaccinated against coronavirus Or submit regular tests, social distances, mask requirements and restrictions on most trips.
The president traveled to Brookland Junior High School in Washington on Friday with Jill Biden, a college professor’s first lady who returned to the classroom this week. In his statement, Biden urged parents to vaccinate eligible children. promised Once all the students have received the vaccine, the White House will visit the school.
“The safest thing a child over the age of 12 can do is vaccinate,” the president told the crowd. “I have been vaccinated against all other types of measles, mumps, rubella, etc. I had to get these vaccinations in order to go to school and play sports. please.”
The new requirements slate announced this week applies to people teaching in Headstart programs, Pentagon schools, and schools run by the Department of Education of India. In total, these schools serve more than one million children and employ nearly 300,000 staff, according to plans announced by government officials.
“We don’t always know what the future holds, but we know what we owe our children to,” Dr. Biden said on Friday. “We promise them to keep the school open as safely as possible. We have a commitment to follow science to them.”
The proliferation of new cases caused by the more contagious Delta variants has hit the unvaccinated community and affected children. Currently hospitalized at the highest level ever reportedIn August, about 30,000 people were admitted to the hospital.
Children are still significantly less likely to be hospitalized or die of Covid-19 than adults, especially the elderly. However, experts say that the number of children in hospitals is smaller than that of adults, but there is no need to think about it later, instead the community works hard to protect the youngest resident. Should be encouraged.
Christopher F. Schuetze contributed to the report.
The FDA warns parents not to vaccinate children under the age of 12 yet
Source link The FDA warns parents not to vaccinate children under the age of 12 yet