Portland, Oregon 2021-09-25 09:32:32 –
(NEXSTAR) – Apple pies are as American as apple pies in the fall. From Macintosh to Granny Smith, about 2,500 apples are grown in the United States.
Despite the challenges posed by the coronavirus pandemic, the United States is expected to produce £ 11 billion of autumn fruit this season, the US Apple’s “Industry outlook 2021Was released last month.
The report contained good news for gala lovers. The slightly sweeter varieties are expected to account for about 19% of total apple yields this year, making them the top spot for the second consecutive year. Red Delicious, Honeycrisp, Fuji and Granny Smith conclude the top five.
Depending on the variety and region, apples are usually harvested between August and October in the United States. If you are looking for the best place to choose your own apple Yelp We’ve put together a list to help you decide where to go.
“We have identified the top spots to go apple picking in the United States and ranked those spots using a number of factors, including the total amount and rating of reviews from January 1, 2001 to July 7, 2021. I’ve added it, “a Yelp representative told Nexstar.
As of August 3, 2021, all businesses have been marked open on Yelp.
- Cider Hill Farm – Amesbury, Massachusetts
- Carter Mountain Orchard – Charlottesville, Virginia
- Willow Brook Apple Farm – Oak Glen, CA
- Steps Hill Crest Orchard – Hendersonville, North Carolina
- Ox orchard – Warwick, NY
- Soulberry orchard – New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Gizditch Ranch – Watsonville, CA
- Dubois Farm – Highland, NY
- Fishkill farm – Hopewell Junction, NY
- Honey Hill Orchard – Waterman, Illinois
- Homestead Farm – Poolesville, Maryland
- Hearts Family Farm – Modena, NY
- Anderson Orchard – Mooresville, Indiana
- Lind Fruit Farm – Pataskala, Ohio
- Tarhun Orchard – Princeton, NJ
- Cireno Valley Ranch – Petaluma, CA
- Kiyokawa Family Orchard – Parkdale, OR
- Gil Crease Orchard – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Weber’s Peach Berry Farm – Glen Arm, Maryland
- Hill Crest Orchard – Amherst, Ohio
These are the top spots in the U.S. to go apple picking, according to Yelp Source link These are the top spots in the U.S. to go apple picking, according to Yelp