Most researchers say that screens are most likely to be useful in very specific situations. For example, bus drivers, who are protected from the public by floor-to-ceiling barriers, are probably protected from inhaling much of what passengers are exhaling. Bank tellers behind glass walls and clerk checking in patients at the clinic may be at least partially protected by a barrier.
Understand the status of vaccine and mask obligations in the United States
- Mask rule.. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in July Recommended All Americans wear masks in indoor public places within the area of the outbreak, regardless of vaccination status. This is the reverse of the guidance provided in May. Find out where CDC guidance applies, And where The state has its own mask policy.. The battle for masks is controversial in some states. Local leaders against state bans..
- Vaccine rules. .. ..When NSusinesses.. Private companies Increasingly obligatory coronavirus vaccine For employees with different approaches.Such a mission Legally permitted And it has been upheld by court complaints.
- University. More than 400 universities require students to be vaccinated with Covid-19. Almost everything is in the states that voted for President Biden..
- school.. August 11 California has announced that teachers and staff in both public and private schools will need to be vaccinated. Or face regular testing. This is the first state in the country to do so. According to a survey released in August, many American parents with school-age children I’m against the vaccines that students are required to do, More supportive mask obligations for students, teachers and staff who do not have shots.
- Hospitals and medical centers.. Many hospitals and major healthcare systems require employees to be vaccinated with the Covid-19 vaccine. It cites an increase in the number of cases caused by Delta variants and a stubbornly low immunization rate in their community, even within their workforce.
- new York.. On August 3, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that workers and customers would need to be vaccinated. Indoor dining, gym, performance And in other indoor situations, it has become the first US city to require vaccines for a wide range of activities. Municipal hospital workers You will also need to be vaccinated or have a weekly test. Employees in New York have similar rules.
- At the federal level. The Pentagon has announced that it will mandate the country’s coronavirus vaccination. 1.3 million active troops “At the latest” by mid-September.President Biden announced: All private federal officials need to do it Get vaccinated against coronavirus Or submit regular tests, social distances, mask requirements and restrictions on most trips.
Research by researchers In collaboration with the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health in Cincinnati, we used a cough simulator to test transparent barriers of various sizes in isolation rooms. This study, which has not yet been peer-reviewed, found that under appropriate conditions, a high shield above “cough height” prevented about 70% of the particles from reaching the opposite particle counter. rice field. Shop and salon workers will be sitting or standing.
However, the authors of the study pointed out that the limits of the study, especially the experiments, were conducted under highly controlled conditions. The experiment was conducted in an isolated room with a constant ventilation rate that “does not accurately reflect all actual situations,” the report said.
The study found that workers and customers were moving around, others could be in the room and inhaling redirected particles, and many stores and classrooms had acrylic barriers that blocked normal airflow. It is not considered that there are multiple stations, not just one.
Further research is needed to determine the effect of adding a transparent shield around the desk in a school or office, but all aerosol experts interviewed found that the desk shield was useless and interfered with normal ventilation of the room. I agreed that there is a possibility. Under some conditions, a plastic shield can cause virus particles to accumulate in the room.
“If there are aerosol particles in the classroom air, those shields around the student do not protect them,” said Richard Corsi, the next director of engineering at the University of California, Davis. “Depending on the airflow conditions in the room, downdrafts can enter the small spaces that are currently trapped, causing particles to concentrate in the space.”
Aerosol scientists focus on schools and workplaces encouraging workers and qualified students to vaccinate, improve ventilation, add HEPA air filters as needed, and impose mask requirements. It says it should be guessed.
Those anticovid plastic barriers probably won’t help and can make things worse
Source link Those anticovid plastic barriers probably won’t help and can make things worse