Riverside, California 2020-10-17 15:05:36 –
Before you get out on the road, be sure to know about the next closure from October 17th to 23rd.
Corpus Christi, Texas — Drivers, there are multiple closures this week from October 17th to 23rd. This is all closed roads.
Ayers Street Pedestrian Improvement and Turn Lane – SPID to Gollihar Road (E15106, Bond 2014)
Northbound Ayers Street is closed at the Crosstown / SPID interchange (frontage road) intersection. For transit, it is advisable to look for alternative routes to access local businesses. Ayers Street has also been reduced to a one-way street from Gorihar Road to McCardle Road (south only).
In addition, the RTA bus stop will be closed from Gorihar Road to SPID. The Port Ayers Transfer Station bus stop remains open.
The driver should expect the next lane closure.
- Crosstown / SPID interchange from Johanna street (Northbound) – The thru lane outside Ayers Street closes as you approach the Crosstown / SPID interchange. This lane closure will continue through the SPID underpass. This closure does not affect access to the east facing frontage road.
- From Johanna Street to Crosstown / SPID Interchange (Southbound) -The left turn lane and median opening will be closed.
- Crosstown / SPID interchange and Ayers Street intersection (Northbound) – Northbound Ayers Street will be closed at the Crosstown / SPID interchange intersection. Drivers should access local businesses using alternative detours such as the SH 286 Northbound Frontage Road, Gorihar Road, Costreats Road, and McCulldle Road.
- Crosstown / SPID Interchange to McCardle Road – Ayers Street is closed on McCardle Road. Traffic is required to follow the McCaddle Road detour and avoid local and residential side streets. The driving lane has been reduced to one lane both north and south to provide access to local businesses in the area.
- From McCardle Road to Gorihar Road (Southbound)-Ayers Street has been reduced to one lane and one-way streets only flow southward. Access to all local businesses is provided.
- The intersection of Ayers Street and Gorihar Road – The south-facing outer lane of Ayers Street will be closed as you approach the intersection of Gorihar Road.
- SH 358 frontage road (to the east) – The shared through left turn lane will be closed.
Everheart Road-Holly Road to South Padre Island Drive (18014A, Type B)
The contractor has completed improvements along the eastern side of the Everhart Road project (Phase 2) between Curtis Clark Drive and Corona Drive, and Phase 3 is underway. As part of Phase 3, northbound and southbound traffic was transferred to the newly constructed concrete street segment on the eastern side between Holly Road and Bonner Drive. The driver should expect the next lane closure.
- Everhart Road remains reduced to one lane in each direction between Bonner Drive and Holly Road.
- The west side of Everhart Road (south lane) has been closed for reconstruction from Holly Road to Bonner Drive (Phase 3).
- Turn left from Everhart Road to the south is restricted to Holly Road, Bonner Drive and Curtis Clark Drive.
- Turn left from Everhart Road to the north is restricted to Bonner Drive, Curtis Clark Drive and Corona Drive.
- The sidewalk will be closed until completed within Phase 3 limits.
Flato Road – Bates Road to Agnes Street (E15110, Bond 2014)
Flato Road will be reduced to a south-facing one-way street between Agnes Street and Bates Road.
Frio, Hacala, Dorado St., Corridor – Greenwood Drive to Martin Drive (E 18019A, Bond 2018)
The corridor is closed along Dorado Street (from Hakara Street to Martin Street).
Holly Road-Rodfield Road to Ennis Joslyn Road (Type B)
Holly Road is closed from the intersection of Rodfield Road to Silver Sand Drive. Traffic will be reduced to one-way eastward between Silver Sand Drive and Ennis Joslin. Residents living between Silver Sand Drive and Ennis Joslyn Road must use either Silver Sand Drive, Lexington Road, or Ennis Joslin Road to access their homes.
Holly Road from Ennis Joslyn Road to Halcon Street is also closed. Drivers traveling east along Holly Road detour north or south to Ennis Joslyn Road. Two-way traffic between Halcon Street and Paul Jones will be maintained, providing local access to local neighborhoods.
Leips Boulevard-Sunwood Drive from Yorktown Boulevard (E12101, Bond 2018)
Leips Boulevard is a one-way street between Queens Court and Yorktown Boulevard. Traffic flows only southward (from Queens Court to Yorktown Boulevard). Access to Leips Boulevard away from Yorktown Boulevard and Boston Drive is prohibited. The driver is advised to follow the construction signs and detours to guide the work area.
Morgan Avenue – Crosstown Expressway from S. Staples Street (E12101, Bond 2012) and Ocean Drive from S. Staples Street (E13090, Bond 2014)
Morgan Avenue is a one-way street (facing east towards Spawn Shoreline Hospital). The intersection of Morgan Avenue and Fifth Street is closed. Drivers traveling east along Morgan Avenue (towards Ocean Drive) detour to Fifth Street. Morgan Avenue is also closed to traffic between Third Street and Ocean Drive.
Construction may require intermittent daily closures of the local residential area that intersects Morgan Avenue. Drivers are advised to follow warning signs and flags that guide the work area.
North Chaparral Street from Hirsch Street to Harbor Street (improvement of pedestrians in E12134 SEA area)
The contractor performs a mobile operation to complete the construction of the project. Drivers and pedestrians are advised to follow warning signs and guards as they navigate the work area.
Rodd Field Road – Saratoga Boulevard to Yorktown Boulevard (E15112, Bond 2014)-Updated
Transportation has shifted to the eastern half of Rodfield Road so that contractors can begin rebuilding the western half. Drivers and pedestrians should expect the next change in traffic.
- Rodd Field Road between Saratoga Boulevard and Brook Road Bidirectional Traffic flow.
- Rodd Field Road between Brooke Road and Airline Road / Slow Road one-way Traffic flow Northbound direction only..
- There is a sidewalk on the east side of Rodfield between Saratoga Boulevard and Yorktown Boulevard.
- Rodd Field Road between Airline Road / Slough Road and Yorktown Boulevard Closed Through traffic To improve the drainage structure and other roads of Master Channel 31. Drivers must continue to follow existing signs and detours along Leips Boulevard and Cimarron Boulevard.
- The “free” right turn lane heading east on Saratoga Boulevard and south on Rodfield Road Closed For reconstruction. A right turn to Rodfield Road to the south is only permitted at signalized intersections.
- The contractor Waist bound Cross the intersection of Rodfield Road and Slough Road. The traffic light at the intersection remains in flash mode.
- The driving lanes along Yorktown Boulevard are open to allow drivers to drive on either side of the median strip. The traffic light at the intersection remains in flash mode.
Rope Street (18157A ID / IQ)
The contractor will continue to provide security services to repair sanitary sewers, manhole structures, and road repairs along Rope Street from Santa Fe Street to Alameda Street.
Sunnybrook Sidewalk Improvements – Ayers Street to Evelyn Street (CDBG-18153A)
Sunny Brook Road One lane, One-way Eastbound Traffic flow between Evelyn Street and Ayers Street. Drivers traveling west from Ayers Street are advised to follow a detour along Mansheim Boulevard. Drivers are advised to follow warning signs and detour signs that guide the work area.
Street Prevention and Conservation Program-18135A Various highways
City contractors are carrying out road preventive maintenance work, including lane closures, along the following highways:
- Dodridge Street – From Staples Street to Alameda Street.
- Everheart Road -Cedar pass drive to Saratoga Boulevard.
- Flower bluff drive -From Yorktown Boulevard to Runfield Road.
- Leopard Street -I-69 side road to Burger King (in front of missionary sisters-Jesus Mary).
- Waldron Road – South Padre Island Drive (SPID) Frontage Road to Wells Fargo Driveway.
Various lane closures will be implemented within the limits of the project. Drivers are advised to follow the construction warning signs and anticipate delays.
North Clark Wood Road (ETC NGL TRANSPORT LLC)
The utility contractor will repair the gas line along North Clarkwood Road between McNorton Road and Caroline Road. North Clarkwood Road will be closed for several weeks between these streets.
Flower Bluff Drive (BBG service)
Utility contractors will work on sewers and water along the Flower Bluff Drive. This task requires daily closure of the north-facing lane, which extends approximately 900 feet south of Purdue Road (just past Louisville Drive). Closures can affect traffic light operation at Purdue Road intersections. Drivers are advised to follow the construction warning signs and treat the traffic light as a stopped state when operating in blinking or dark mode.
Greenwood (TxDOT emergency utility work)
Utility contractors will continue to implement the next lane closure.
Southbound Greenwood Drive: Drivers traveling south on Greenwood Drive must turn right on the access road, and straight-ahead drivers must detour using a turnaround on West Point Road.
Northbound Greenwood Drive: Drivers traveling north on Greenwood Drive are reduced to one lane.
The utility contractor will repair the 4600 block streetlights on Ocean Drive. You will need to close the left lane (south only) and open the median strip. Work will begin on Monday, October 19, 2020 and will last for two days.
Ocean drive (bargo piping)
Utility contractors repair water and sewers at 4600 blocks of Ocean Drive. Construction will begin on Wednesday, October 21, 2020 and will last for a week. While the contractor is working, the driver should expect daily single lane closures (southbound only).
The contractor will close the south-facing right lane from Henderson Street to Camelot Drive and work to replace utility poles along Staples Street. Drivers are advised to follow the construction warning signs and anticipate delays.
Tankawa Street (Western specialist)
The contractor will close the sidewalk to carry out the exterior work of the Frost Bank Building. Sidewalks will be closed along Tankawa Street, Buffalo Street and Antelope Street.