Tulsa, Oklahoma 2021-05-04 18:53:00 –
Bob Dylan goes against the label. Although he is an artist, musician, songwriter, activist, rock star, storyteller and Nobel laureate, there is only one title that embodies Dylan’s legacy. It’s an American icon. From May 30th to June 2nd Bob Dylan Institute, University of Tulsa And that Bob Dylan Archive Host Bob Dylan’s worldAn international conference that explores all of the many aspects of Dylan’s life and career.
Get to know Bob Dylan
2016, George Kaiser Family Foundation We have obtained the Bob Dylan Archive for over 100,000 items, but without research or exhibition, the archive will only collect dust. Through the words of scholars, critics and journalists, virtual tours of archives, concerts featuring his biggest hits, and exhibits of his artwork, World of Bob Dylan is essentially sitting music and chatting. It is an invitation to do. Legend.
Director of TU’s Bob Dylan Institute, Sean Latham Prevents dust from settling in the archive. “We have put together an amazing program to show how both the Bob Dylan Archive and the Bob Dylan Institute at the University of Tulsa enable new jobs of all kinds.” He said.
Participants have access to over 150 scholars, teachers, critics and fans who discuss topics such as gender, race and the basic nature of Dylan’s creativity. “There’s much more than anyone can embrace,” Latham explained. “Instead, you have the opportunity to explore a variety of different paths. They can take you to narrow paths through specific aspects of Dylan’s career and through different experiences throughout Dylan’s productivity. . “
Keynote Speakers and Events
- Thursday evening, May 30th, Dean of American Rock Critics, Greil Marcus, Discuss Bruce with Dylan.From Rolling stone To Pitchfork, Greil is one of the best rock critics and music writers in the world. A special reception for all registered participants will follow, featuring music by local artists.
- NPR Music Critic Unpowers Delve into the life of Dylan and pop music on Saturday afternoon, June 1st. Powers explores how popular music shapes basic American ideas and beliefs. Pop music can convey the most difficult social issues, especially difficult emotions and truths about gender and race.
- Visitors receive special treatment that night The Bob Dylan Archive shows 100 minutes of newly restored footage from Dylan’s 1966 European Tour, 1975 Rolling Thunder Review, and 1986 Tom Petty’s awkward tour.
- On the second night, Roger McGuinn, a genius of rock band The Byrds and famous for Dylan’s music in the mid-1960s, examines his experience with Dylan’s music in the form of conversation and performance.
- Michael Chaiken, director of the Dylan Archive, will take a video-guided tour of the key elements of the archive. “This makes conference attendees one of the deepest digs into Bob Dylan’s archives to date,” said Latham.
Bob Dylan: Above par
so Gil Crease Museum, Exhibition Bob Dylan: Above par Featuring Dylan’s artwork, a series of rarely seen pastel. The art is surrounded by archived items such as his leather jacket, handwritten lyrics, and Dylan’s Andy Warhol screen test.
“Exhibiting a series of paintings may seem like a curved ball, but it’s really a kind of sneaky way to show what the archive really is — a really multifaceted artist Bob Dylan. Is something that shows what is. “ Michael Chaiken told Tulsa World.
The era when they were A-Changin’in Tulsa
With Woody Guthrie Center And now, Dylan’s archive, Tulsa, will become an Americana music hub. The connection between Dylan and Guthrie is personal and it is appropriate to honor them in the same town. “Throughout his career, Dylan has long recognized Woody Guthrie as one of his guiding lights and influences,” Latham explained.
The world of Bob Dylan extends throughout Tulsa, with participants at the Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame, Gilk Reese Museum, Hermerich American Center of Research And Hyatt Regency Tulsa. “We are working with both the University of Tulsa and the City of Tulsa to make us a city of music.” Latham said. “One way to do that is to build around something exciting, like the music archive of a great 21-year-old American songwriter.st century. “
The world of Bob Dylan pays homage to all the roles of Dylan. Participants can enjoy his complexity and celebrate his ingenuity. “Dylan’s creativity is huge, widespread and explosive. Indeed, what surprises us all about Dylan is his infinite ability to reimagine and self-invent,” said Latham. “Bob Dylan isn’t the only one.”
Register in the world of Bob Dylan here.
Tulsa Welcomes the World of Bob Dylan Source link Tulsa Welcomes the World of Bob Dylan