Here’s what we’re watching ahead of Thursday’s opening bell.
- U.S. stock futures rose, pointing to another record-setting trading session after the opening bell.
- Futures tied to the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%. The broad market index closed at its 18th record this year on Wednesday.
- Nasdaq-100 futures advanced 0.8%, pointing to gains in technology stocks. Read our full market wrap.
- Jobless claims rose to 744,000 last week, bucking a downward trend amid other signs of recent labor-market improvement.
What’s Coming Up
- At 12 p.m., Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell will be speaking about the global economy at the International Monetary Fund’s virtual spring meetings. Livestream here.
- Earnings are due from Levi Strauss after the closing bell.
Market Movers to Watch
— Albemarle ‘s stock climbed 1.6% after the chemicals company announced the date of its quarterly results. The price of lithium, a key ingredient in electric-vehicle batteries, has been on a tear but Albemarle’s stock has trended lower since January.
—Results bump: Shares of Resources Connection gained 5.1% premarket after the business consulting firm reported a 2.2% increase in revenue in its fiscal third quarter from the prior three months.
—Shares of social-media companies gained in premarket trading. Facebook ticked up 0.6%, Twitter shares rose 0.9% and Snap added 1.4%.
— Textron shares got a 2.9% boost before the open. Analysts at Goldman Sachs raised their price target for shares of industrial conglomerate.
Twitter, Airbnb, L3Harris: What to Watch When the Stock Market Opens Today Source link Twitter, Airbnb, L3Harris: What to Watch When the Stock Market Opens Today