Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 2021-06-15 23:58:57 –
Oklahoma City (Free press) — The slow response of applications to lifeguard positions in one of Oklahoma City’s four pools reduces the availability of workforce in Oklahoma City, according to an executive in the Oklahoma City Parks division. Because.
According to a news release from the city, the impact is that two of the four city pools are not yet open.
Even two, Early Wine on the south and Will Rogers on the north, are open every other day.
Two closed pools, Woodson Pool and Northeast Community Pool, have been popular in the past, but labor issues as the city seeks to hire more people to operate and monitor these two pools. Is closed by.
Parks and recreation leaders hope to open these two by July 2nd.
City officials, Woodson Community Pool, if sufficient observers can be trained 3405 S May Ave.Open in even days and northeastern community pools. 1226 NE 33rd Street, Open on odd days. The community pool is free.
“The difficult job market is hitting Oklahoma City and pool operations across the country,” said Melinda McMillan Miller, director of Parks and Recreation. “There are 48 people in the hiring process, and we need an additional 20 guards to ensure a safe swimming environment for our patrons.”
The spray ground is open
The positive point is that the city’s 17 spray grounds are open from May 29th to dawn to dusk and will remain open daily until some point in September.
They are free and are in the city park.visit okc.gov/aquatics For the place.
If you are interested in working in a city pool for a lifeguard, swimming instructor, concessionaire, or cashier position, you can find more information at the following URL: okc.gov/jobs..
As an incentive to earn more lifeguards, the city’s park and recreation sector offers free American Red Cross accredited training if employed. This is worth $ 250.
Lifeguard wages start at $ 10 per hour.
The schedule for the Family Aquatic Center and Community Pool is as follows:
- Early Wine FAC, 3101 SW 119th Street, (405) 297-148
- Will Rogers FAC, 3201N Grand Boulevard, (405) 297-1451
- Early wines open even dates.
- Does Rogers open odd dates?
- From June 5th to August 8th, May 29th to 31st, 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- From August 15th to September 6th, 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm (Weekends only and Labor Day)
- Admission is $ 5 for 3-17 and 55+, $ 6 for 18-54 and $ 4 for non-swimming observers.
- The Season Pass is $ 45, or $ 145 for a family of four ($ 35 for additional members).
Improved staffing on hold:
- Woodson Pool, 3405 S May Ave., (405) 297-148
- Northeast pool, 1226 NE 33rd Street, (405) 297-1436
- Woodson opens even dates.
- The northeast opens odd dates.
- From 1 pm to 6 pm from July 2nd to August 8th
- Free admission.
The season pass is OKC Parks Family Aquatic Center (FAC)..
Maintain journalism by becoming a supporter
Oklahoma City Free Press is dedicated to providing high quality journalism that has a positive impact on our community.Click here LinkTo support our mission.
Last updated: June 15, 2021 at 10:58 pm Brett Dickerson – Editor
Two OKC pools still not open Source link Two OKC pools still not open