Riverside, California 2021-10-09 07:00:24 –
Corpus Christi drivers may have been accustomed to flashing lights and barriers on certain sections of State Highway 358 for the past three years.
The situation will not change next week.
The Texas Department of Transportation has issued a warning about a series of temporary ramp and lane closures as part of a $ 49.9 million large-scale effort to reverse ramps at key points on the freeway.
Officials said in a statement that Friday’s contractor would close the eastbound exit ramp to Everhart Road during the day for three days. Workers also need to close the section of the main lane to the east from Monday to Wednesday night for barrier work.
The entrance ramp on Costreats Road to the east will also be closed.
Let’s take a closer look at some closures.
Closing the main lane to the east
From 9 pm Monday to 6 am Tuesday:
- All main lanes of eastbound highway 358 will be closed on Weber Road due to barrier construction on the eastbound main lane.
- The Eastbound Highway 358 driver exits at Weber, follows the Eastbound frontage road, and re-enters the main lane after Everhart.
- The eastern slope from Costreats will also be closed during this period. After Weber, the driver can enter the eastbound Highway 358 Main Lane.
Tuesday and Wednesday 9 pm to 6 am
- The two eastbound main lanes on the left from Carol Lane to Weber will be closed for barrier work at both nights. The main lane on the right remains open.
East Bound Everheart Exit Lamp Closed
Monday to Wednesday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- East Bound Everhart exit ramps are closed daily due to paving work. Eastbound drivers can use the Weber exit ramp as an alternative exit.
Regular closures are scheduled for next week:
National highway No. 358 East facing frontage road
- Single-lane closures during the day and at night will continue on east-facing frontage roads at various locations between Ayers Street and Airline Road. Private road access to all businesses and properties remains open at all times.
Highway 358 turnaround
- The east-to-west frontage road turnaround on Highway 358 on Staples Street provides intermittent day and night closures required for elevated road widening work. Instead, the driver can turn left at the intersection and the intersection will remain open.
The west-to-east frontage road turnaround on Highway 358 at Staples will remain closed daily and nightly until further notice. Closures are required to allow the crew to perform widening operations on the overpass. Instead, the driver can turn left at the intersection and the intersection will remain open.
All work will be done as the weather permits. Lane closures are subject to change without notice, according to traffic authorities.
State Highway 358, commonly referred to as South Padre Island Drive, divides Corpus Christi into two segments, north and south. Numerous restaurants, retail stores, and high-volume commerce side roads are one of Texas Coastal Bend’s busiest roads.
TxDOT will begin ramp reversal work, which began in January 2018, and is expected to complete the work by the summer of 2022.
Chris Ramirez writes about energy, commerce and all other businesses. Check out subscription options and special offers at Caller.com/subscribe to support such local coverage
TxDOT’s ramp reversal project will shut down lanes on SPID next week Source link TxDOT’s ramp reversal project will shut down lanes on SPID next week