USA

U.S. admits that Kabul strike killed 10 civilians rather than Islamic State militants | U.S. military

U.S. drone attack Afghanistan The Pentagon announced last month that it had killed as many as 10 civilians, including seven children, rather than the first alleged Islamic state militants.

At a briefing on Friday, General Kenneth McKenzie, commander of the U.S. Central Army, said dead people Islamic country It poses a direct threat to US troops at militant or Kabul airports.

“I would like to express my deepest condolences … it is a mistake and I sincerely apologize,” Mackenzie told reporters.

In the days following the August 29 strike, Pentagon officials claimed it was done correctly, despite the killings of many civilians, including children.

The press later questioned that version of the event, and the driver of the targeted vehicle Longtime employee of an American humanitarian agency He quoted that there was no evidence to support the Pentagon’s claim that the vehicle contained explosives.

Details coming soon

U.S. admits that Kabul strike killed 10 civilians rather than Islamic State militants | U.S. military

Source link U.S. admits that Kabul strike killed 10 civilians rather than Islamic State militants | U.S. military

Back to top button