Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky 2021-10-15 22:01:27 –
Washington (AP) —The Pentagon says it has promised to condolence to 10 relatives killed in a false U.S. drone strike in Kabul, Afghanistan in August. ..
Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said in a statement Friday that the Pentagon is also working with the State Department to help surviving families move to the United States.
Kirby didn’t say how much money would be offered.
Secretary of Defense Colin Kahl said Thursday that he discussed the issue with Dr. Stephen Kwon, the founder and president of the nonprofit Nutrition & Education International.
In September, the Pentagon confirmed that the strike was a “tragic mistake.” Initially, the United States said it believed that members of ISIS-K had been killed.
The United States launched an attack a few days after military said that members of ISIS-K had killed 13 military personnel and more than 100 Afghan civilians at Afghan airport.
It was a direct threat to ISIS-K or the U.S. military,