Virginia Beach, Virginia 2021-07-23 22:55:55 –
Virginia Beach, Virginia (WAVY) — Virginia Beach’s Regent University was recently named the safest university in Virginia and the 13th safest university in the country.
YourLocalSecurity evaluates university safety based on several factors, including violent crimes per 10,000 people and hate crimes per 10,000 people.
Dr. Bill Hathaway, Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs at Regent University, said: “Our police chief and his extraordinary police offer a tremendous 24-hour safety program and comprehensive campus surveillance.”
The data used in this report was collected over a three-year period.
According to the authorities, Regent’s security features include:
- 24/7 police patrol
- 18 officers sworn by Virginia
- 8 emergency call boxes on campus
- Regent alert text and email notification system for emergency and weather alerts
- Emergency Preparation Committee to promote regent response to potential emergencies
- 911 Cellular’s CampusShield app, emergency calling, iReports, friend watch and other emergency communication tools for students
“We are dedicated to servicing and protecting students, faculty and staff,” said Chris Mitchell, Sr., Chief of Police at CBN / Regent University. Says. .. “
Virginia Beach was previously named the safest metropolis in the United States by Advisor Smith.
VB’s Regent University named safest college campus in Virginia Source link VB’s Regent University named safest college campus in Virginia