Wichita, Kansas 2022-05-05 13:47:11 –
Andover, KSNW—Getting a better idea of the damage the tornado suffered Andover Prairie Creek Elementary School last friday night. Hatton Construction shared a video tour of the damage.
The video includes flooded corridors and classrooms, and damaged ceilings in most of the rooms in the video.
The school has too much repair work to use for the rest of the year.
Classes have been canceled this week as the school district has planned for the rest of the school year.
These are building assignments for students from May 9th to 19th.
- Early childhood, Himawari Elementary School, 616 E. Douglas
- Pre-K, St. Vincent and the De Paul Catholic Church, 123 N. Andover Road
- Kindergarten and 1st grade, Cottonwood Elementary, 1747 N. Andover Road
- Second grade and special education, Meadowlark Elementary, 1122 N. 159th St.
- 3rd-5th grade, Andover Advanced Research Center, 1401 W. 13th St.
The school is working with Durham School Services on the details of transporting children.Look for updates Prairie Leak Elementary School website..
If students usually attend YMCA’s Key Academy before and after school, they can attend new locations. Prairie Creek students in Cottonwood or Meadowlark will stay in Cottonwood or Meadowlark, and students at Andover CAPS will be accompanied by Meadowlark.
Video shows tornado damage inside Andover school Source link Video shows tornado damage inside Andover school