Bakersfield

Village Fest canceled for second consecutive year | News – Bakersfield, California

Bakersfield, California 2021-06-08 13:04:00 –

Village Fest will be closed for the second consecutive year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to the CARE for Kids news release, the decision to cancel the annual event was made due to attendee concerns, safety considerations, and lack of time to prepare well. I did. The Village Fest board is planning a spectacular comeback in 2022, the news release said.

Held on the first Saturday after Labor Day, Village Fest will raise funds to fund a local charity that specializes in meeting the needs of children. This long-term fundraising campaign is known for its wealth of food vendors, hundreds of beers, and local music.

Since 1999, the event has donated more than $ 1.2 million to local charities, according to a news release.

According to Jim Ruff, chairman of the nonprofit Children’s Advocate Resource Endowment, the charity will continue to provide grants in 2022 despite canceling the event. CARE offers grants of up to $ 10,000 throughout the grant application process. Organizations can continue to apply for grants until October 1, 2021. The group will subsidize $ 90,000 from a donation fund by the end of 2022, the news release said.

CARE will put 60% of Village Fest’s annual net income into a donation account and donate the remaining 40% over the next calendar year, the news release said.

“Donations are always for rainy days, and COVID-19 has rained heavily on our community,” Luff said in a news release.

According to Luff, this financial strategy allowed CARE to continue to serve children in the community during the pandemic. The organization has more than $ 1 million in donation accounts, Ruff said.

Village Fest canceled for second consecutive year | News Source link Village Fest canceled for second consecutive year | News

Back to top button