Nashville-Davidson, Tennessee 2021-10-22 15:04:00 –
Nashville, Tennessee (WSMV) – Wal-Mart is recalling a popular aromatherapy room spray due to the rare and dangerous bacteria in its bottles.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) confirmed a recall on Friday as Wal-Mart pulled back approximately 3,900 units of Better Homes and Gardens Essential Oil Spray with six differently scented gems from 55 stores.
In tests conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Burkholderia pseudomallei According to the CPSC website, this causes melioidosis, a “difficult to diagnose and potentially fatal condition.”
The CDC is working to find and confirm a bottle of bacteria in the home of the deceased, who they believe died of melioidosis.
Recalls include Better Homes and Gardens Spray of Lavender and Chamomile, Lemon and Mandarin, Lavender, Peppermint, Lime and Eucalyptus, Sandalwood and Vanilla.
According to the CDC guidance, consumers are encouraged to:
1. Stop using this product immediately. Do not open the bottle. Do not throw away or dispose of the bottle.
2. Double the bottle in a clean, transparent zip-top resealable bag and place it in a small cardboard box. Return the packaged product in a bag to the Wal-Mart store.
3. Wash the sheets or linen that the product may have been sprayed with with regular laundry detergent and dry it completely in a high temperature dryer. You can use bleach if needed.
4. Wipe the counter and surface that may have been exposed to the spray with an undiluted disinfectant cleaner.
5. Minimize the handling of the product and wash your hands thoroughly after handling the bottle or linen. Wash your hands thoroughly after removing gloves.
6. If you have used the product within the last 21 days and have a fever or other symptoms, see your doctor and tell your doctor about the exposure of the product. Doctors may recommend administration of antibiotics (post-exposure prophylaxis) to prevent infection.
Customers will receive a $ 20 Walmart Gift Card upon return.
Walmart recalls popular aromatherapy spray due to dangerous bacteria | News Source link Walmart recalls popular aromatherapy spray due to dangerous bacteria | News