Cleveland, Ohio 2021-08-03 06:00:00 –
Cleveland (WJW)-Votes will be held Tuesday from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm for the Special Parliamentary primary.
The election will feature a Democratic and Republican candidate on the November ballot to fill the vacancy in Ohio’s 11th Parliamentary District. Previously, it was held by Marcia Fudge, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development under the Biden administration.
The 11th Parliamentary District includes parts of Kaiyahoga and Summit counties.Please ConfirmKaiyahoga County Election CommissionAnd that Summit County Election Commission A website to see if you are eligible to vote for this primary and to find a polling place.
If you wish to vote by mail, which has not yet submitted the completed ballot to the post office, you must submit it directly to the Election Commission by 7:30 pm on Tuesday.
- Martin Alexander: Alexander is a lawyer. He attended Harvard Law School and New York University.
- John E. Burns Jr.: Burns He was a member of the Ohio House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002 and 2011 to 2018. He is from Cleveland and holds a master’s degree from Case Western Reserve University.
- James Jerome Bell: Bell CEO of the Bell Foundation for Social Transformation, Community Engagement Manager of Dream Team Realty and Founder of the Black Renaissance Men Initiative.
- Shontel Brown: Brown He is the chairman of the Kaiyahoga County Democratic Party and a member of the Kaiyahoga County Council. Previously, he was a member of the Warrensville Heights City Council.
- Seth J. Corey: Corey I am a pediatric oncologist at Cleveland Clinic. He graduated from Yale University with a degree in medicine and a master’s degree in public health from the University of Tulane.
- Jeff Johnson: Johnson He was an Ohio Senator for nine years and a Cleveland City Council member for 14 years. He is currently the administrator of the Cleveland Housing Court.
- Will Knight: Knight I remodeled my house as part of my family business. For the past three years, he has been an advocate for wrestling teammates in a lawsuit against Ohio State University.
- Pamela M. Pinkney: Pinkney is a preacher and activist. She ran for president. She also wrote the book “Choose Life! The Rev. Pamela M. Pinkney Butts Story”.
- Isaac Powell: Powell frequently became a political candidate and failed to run for Ohio House and Kaiyahoga County Council.
- Latique Shabaz: Shabaz wants to be a defender of the poor and is in favor of raising the minimum wage.
- Tariq K. Shabaz: Shabaz I joined the US Navy in 2014. He holds a PhD from American Military University and a Master’s degree in Public Policy from the American Public University System.
- Shirley Smith: Smith He was a member of the Ohio House of Representatives from 1999 to 2007 and a member of the Ohio Senate from 2007 to 2014. She attended Cleveland State University.
- Nina Turner: Turner He was an Ohio Senator from 2008 to 2014. She ran for Secretary of State Ohio, but was defeated. She was the National Co-Chair of the 2020 Bernie Thunder presidential campaign and an associate professor at Kaiyahoga Community College.
- Laburn Gore: Goa A community activist, secretary-general of the Ohio Diversity Union, and a frequent political candidate. She holds master’s degrees from Cleveland State University and Northeast Ohio Medical College.
- Felicia Washington: Washington previously ran for Democratic Party. She describes herself as “Jane of all transactions.”
What to know about the special primary election for Ohio's 11th Congressional District Source link What to know about the special primary election for Ohio's 11th Congressional District