Portland, Oregon 2022-06-26 10:16:05 –
To: Jeremy Tanner, Nexstar Media Wire
Has been updated:
(NEXSTAR) – Parents who have been patiently waiting for young children to be vaccinated against COVID-19 are now able to do so after vaccination of children under the age of 5 was approved last weekend. rice field.
“The United States is currently the first country in the world to provide a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine for 6-month-old children,” President Joe Biden said at the White House on Tuesday.
Currently, anyone over 6 months is eligible for vaccination, but the government is likely to rely on vaccination of children’s pediatricians, so the government has the youngest children. He warns that he expects the pace of injections to be slower than in older children.
The clinic may be the first thing many parents think of when making an appointment, but many retailers also manage shots. However, many pharmacies require your child to be at least 3 years old.
Parents and caregivers choose between Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, Estimated Currently qualified 20 million children. The Moderna vaccine is given twice, while the Pfizer vaccine is given three times.
For appointment settings, you can visit the following sites: Vaccine.gov You can check your local provider or run one of the following chains:
- Walgreens – Patient must be at least 3 years old
- CVS – Currently, only Pfizer vaccines are available for 18-month-old children.
- Costco – Costco provides vaccines to children over the age of three.
- Rite Aid – Children over 3 years old can be vaccinated with COVID vaccine.
- Kroger – Children 1 to 4 years old can be vaccinated at Kroger Pharmacy.
- Wegmans – Wegmans states that it is awaiting administration to children under the age of 5, and will inject patients over the age of 3.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Where to get COVID vaccine appointments for kids under 5 Source link Where to get COVID vaccine appointments for kids under 5