Riverside, California 2021-09-13 06:23:07 –
Tropical Cyclone Nicholas The Gulf of Mexico will continue to intensify, with heavy rains and strong winds. Potentially a hurricane, it is projected to land in Texas later today.
According to the 4 am CDT recommendation from the National Hurricane Center, the tropical cyclone Nicholas has a maximum wind speed of 60 mph.
Storms can bring 8 to 16 inches of rain to most of the Texas coast and 5 to 10 inches of rain to southwestern Louisiana.
Strong tropical cyclone winds extend 115 miles from the center and should reach Texas this morning.
The storm is located 166 miles south of Corpus Christi and is moving northwest at 14 mph. It is expected to weaken as it moves to land.
Uncertainty cone: View the latest NHC graphics
At Corpus Christi, authorities are preparing to close Beach Access Road 4, and Kingsville ISD has canceled classes on Monday. Floods are expected in this area.
Latest Data on Tropical Cyclone Nicholas
This is the latest data on tropical cyclone Nicholas drawn from the National Hurricane Center’s 400 am CDT Monday, September 13, 2021 recommendation.
- position: 166 miles south of Corpus Christi
- Maximum sustained wind: 60 mph
- Movement: 14 mph northwest
- pressure: 1,001 MB (Millibar)
- When the next advisory will be released: 7:00 am CST
Clock, warning, evacuation
Storm surge warning is effective in the following cases.
- From Port Aranthus to San Luis Strait Texas
- Aransas Bay, San Antonio Bay, Matagorda Bay
Hurricane watches are useful when:
- From Port Aranthus to Freeport, Texas
Tropical Cyclone Warnings are useful in the following cases:
- Estuary of the Rio Grande River to High Island, Texas
- From Barra el Mezquital to US / Mexico border
Storm surge monitoring is effective in the following cases.
- Estuary of the Rio Grande River to Port Alansus, Texas
- San Luis Strait Texas to Rutherford Beach, Louisiana (including Galveston Bay)
- Baffin Bay and Corpus Christi Bay
Tropical cyclone monitoring is useful in the following cases:
- From East of High Island, Texas to Sabine Pass
Spaghetti Model: Track Nicholas Here
Where will Tropical Storm Nicholas make landfall? Track the storm here Source link Where will Tropical Storm Nicholas make landfall? Track the storm here