Wichita, Kansas 2021-06-10 15:49:00 –
Wichita, Kansas (KSNW) – The Sedgwick County Health Department (SCHD) Women, Toddlers, and Children (WIC) program currently serves clients directly at all WIC locations. Reservations can be made by phone between 8 am and noon and between 1 pm and 5 pm. 316-660-7444..
WIC serves women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, recently giving birth, and their babies and children under the age of five.
The advantages are:
- Nutrition education
- Supplements with EBT card to buy certain foods for your health
- Breastfeeding support and education
- Referral to other medical and social services
With additional funding from the American Rescue Plan Act, WIC can temporarily provide up to $ 35 per child and adult per month. These additional funds will increase the purchasing power of WIC participants and enable them to purchase and consume healthier fruits and vegetables.
Appointments are available at the following Wichita locations:
- 1900 E. 9th Street North – Main WIC Clinic / SCHD Management
- 1131 S. Clifton, STE. A – WIC Clifton
- 1749 S. Martinson – WIC Stanley
WIC Program returns to in-person appointments in Sedgwick County Source link WIC Program returns to in-person appointments in Sedgwick County