Wichita, Kansas 2021-04-08 10:09:42 –
Wichita, Kansas (KSNW) —The Wichita City Council has approved $ 100,000 to continue its water-saving rebate program for the ninth consecutive year.
The program encourages residents to purchase water-saving household appliances by offering rebates in the form of credits to their water accounts.
Rebates are available to customers who have an active PublicWorks & Utilities account for the delivery of drinking water. The application, list of eligible items, program requirements, and submission instructions are available at the following URL: savewichitawater.com..
Online and paper applications will be accepted until December 31, 2021 or until the funds run out. The rebate applies to all devices purchased after January 1, 2021.
Seven devices and appliances are eligible for rebates. Below are some general guidelines and eligible items. The city strongly recommends that you bring a printout of qualified appliances for reference when shopping. There is a limit of 5 rebate items per water account. The rebate will not exceed the purchase price.
Rebates are available up to:
- $ 100 for low flow toilets: WaterSense © certified using less than 1.28 gallons per flush
- $ 100 in a high efficiency dishwasher: Energy Star or Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE)
- $ 100 (CEE rated) for a high efficiency washing machine with a water factor of 4.5 gallons or less
- $ 100 for a smart irrigation controller labeled Approved by WaterSense ©
- A block that can be set to block irrigation after a $ 100-¼ inch rain on the rain sensor
- $ 75 for rain barrels, over 45 gallons
- $ 50 for a dual flush toilet conversion kit that modifies an inefficient toilet to use 1.6 gallons.Below per flash
Wichita water conservation rebate program renewed for 2021 Source link Wichita water conservation rebate program renewed for 2021