Wichita

Young couple displaced after large apartment fire – Wichita, Kansas

Wichita, Kansas 2022-07-20 18:00:36 –

Wichita, Kun (KSNW) – Tuesday night, Three alerts have been fired at Aspen Park Apartments in western Wichita. According to the Wichita Fire Department (WFD), a fire broke out after someone threw a cigarette, causing many to lose their homes.

Currently, about 20 people have been evacuated. Two of them are young couples who just moved two months ago. They said they were alive and happy.

“It was shivering, scared and shocked by what happened to us. It’s the first time we’ve just moved and it’s crazy to live on our own,” said Aubrey Schneiders, who lost his apartment in a fire. Said.

It was a wild 24 hours for a young couple. She said she was taking a nap when Schneiders woke up to the person knocking on her door.

“I thought it was someone in the wrong house, so I got up and went to the bathroom, someone knocked on the door again, and when I saw smoke coming into the bathroom, I had to get out of here. It was like a god who couldn’t be, “said Schneiders.

Schneiders said it was her neighbor from downstairs who would drive everyone out of the building before the firefighters arrived.

“They knocked down the door to the apartment that was on fire, and they got a dog that was out because the tenant wasn’t there. He went to someone else’s house. I was there, “Schneiders said.

Schneider’s boyfriend Jonathan Wislo was at work and went home as soon as he heard it.

“It’s a complete loss, but it’s the biggest we’ve gotten because we still have each other,” Wcislo said.

Both families of the couple came out on fire to help them get into their unit.

“See how much we lost. That’s probably what I’m most nervous about. I hope I can save something from my bedroom, closet, etc.,” Schnieders said.

The Red Cross and apartment staff have already intervened to help this couple. If you want to help too click here For their GoFundMe.

Young couple displaced after large apartment fire Source link Young couple displaced after large apartment fire

Back to top button