World

YouTube removes video from Brazilian President Jail Bolsonaro’s COVID-19 false alarm channel

Wednesday’s YouTube is from a channel owned by Brazilian President Jail Bolsonaro. Coronavirus, The tech giant said in a statement.

“After careful consideration, we have removed the video from Jair Bolsonaro’s channel for violating the COVID-19 Medical Misinformation Policy,” the company said. “Our policy states that hydroxychloroquine and / or ivermectin is effective in treating or preventing COVID-19, content claiming that COVID-19 treatment is guaranteed, and masks. Content that claims to not work to prevent the spread of the infection is not allowed. Virus. This is in line with the guidance of local and global health authorities and will update the policy as the guidance changes. . “

YouTube said it applied the policy evenly across the platform and removed the video without considering Bolsonaro’s political ideology and work.

Bolsonaro’s YouTube channel has more than 3 million subscribers and is used to host a weekly program that asks viewers questions. He regularly talks about questions about the severity of COVID-19, beliefs about the effectiveness of unproven or unproven treatments, and contempt for stay-at-home orders.

Brazil has the world’s largest and worst outbreak of the coronavirus, and the far-right president is facing criticism about how to deal with the crisis. In April, the Brazilian Parliament began investigating his response to the pandemic.

Last year, both Facebook and Twitter deleted a post by Bolsonaro, where he criticized the measurement of social distance and promoted the wrong treatment for COVID-19.

YouTube removes video from Brazilian President Jail Bolsonaro’s COVID-19 false alarm channel

Source link YouTube removes video from Brazilian President Jail Bolsonaro’s COVID-19 false alarm channel

Back to top button