President Trump is facing results from yet another social media platform following an attack on the US Capitol last week. YouTube said late Tuesday that it had removed new content from Mr. Trump’s channel and banned video and live stream uploads for at least a week.
Comments on the channel were also banned indefinitely.
The video-sharing site has removed content uploaded on Tuesday for violating a policy that incites violence. YouTube has mentioned a policy on three strikes. The policy states that a one-week outage is standard for a single strike.
If the channel is hit by a second attack within 90 days, a two-week suspension will be enacted. The third strike leads to the end of the channel.
YouTube and other tech giants faced increasing pressure to take action on the president’s account following the Capitol riots. Groups such as #StopHateForProfit, a coalition of “more than 1200 businesses and nonprofits and countless consumers,” urged these businesses to permanently ban Mr. Trump.
#StopHateForProfit was considering a boycott of YouTube if YouTube didn’t respond.
Jim Steyer, founder and CEO of Common Sense Media and organizer of #StopHateForProfit, called YouTube’s decision “an important and necessary first step.”
“I hope they make it permanent,” Steyer said in a statement to CBS News. “It’s a shame that Trump’s attack on our Capitol has arrived here, but all major platforms are finally starting to step up and take this important issue seriously, with policy makers and the general public. Citizens seem to be promised to keep them. Our democratic norms and institutions depend on it, not to mention the future of our children. “
Mr. Trump has been locked outAnd Pinterest as well .. Last week, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced that Mr. Trump had been banned from using both Instagram and Facebook, at least until the end of his presidency.Protrump platform parlor ..
YouTube temporarily bans Trump from uploading new videos
Source link YouTube temporarily bans Trump from uploading new videos