- Zillow Group dropped 6.1% premarket. The online real-estate company told Bloomberg that it won’t purchase homes for the rest of the year, saying that it was “beyond operational capacity.”
- State Street and Albertsons are due to report earnings before the open.
- Intercontinental Exchange rose more than 2% premarket after Silver Lake said it was acquiring ICE’s 9.85% stake in Euroclear Holding.
- Crude prices were climbing early Monday, boosting the share prices of producers. Occidental Petroleum gained 2.3% and Diamondback Energy added 1.2%.
- Bitcoin was trading above $61,000, and digital-wallet provider Coinbase was up 1.3% before the bell.
- U.S.-traded shares of French biotech Valneva soared 39% premarket. It said its coronavirus vaccine candidate outperformed AstraZeneca ‘s in a Phase 3 study, which met both its co-primary endpoints.
- Johnson & Johnson , meanwhile, edged up 0.2% after a panel of outside doctors and experts voted 19-0 to recommend that all adults who received a first dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine should get the second dose at least two months later.
- Vaccine maker Moderna was down 0.8% premarket. Last week the FDA delayed a decision on making its Covid-19 shot available for adolescents, to assess whether it may lead to heightened risk of a rare inflammatory heart condition.
- Steel Dynamics will report earnings after the close.
Chart of the Day
- Hong Kong started trading in futures tied to an index of stocks from mainland China, giving global investors a new tool for betting on Chinese markets.
Write to James Willhite at firstname.lastname@example.org
Zillow, State Street, Valneva, Coinbase: What to Watch When the Stock Market Opens Today Source link Zillow, State Street, Valneva, Coinbase: What to Watch When the Stock Market Opens Today