Have your dreams also shattered when you see beautiful wrapped perfumed bottles and could not buy them because of their high prices. Like, a Gucci perfume fascinates you with its adorable fragrance, and you could not buy it looking at its price. But, how about making the same perfume at your home without investing a lot of money? Yes, this can be done. You can make your perfume that is filled with your style and made with natural ingredients at your home.
So, choose your favorite fragrance and start preparing your own perfume at your home with such few ingredients. But, before you start making your perfume, know about the three notes of scents- the top, middle, and base notes.
- Top notes are the notes that you smell first. Plants that have top motes scent are lavender, mint, lemon, and basil.
- Middle notes are the core of the perfume fragrance. Middle notes fragrance are present in bay, fennel, chamomile, and nutmeg.
- Base notes are used to extend the longevity of the middle notes. Plants with base notes are sandalwood, vanilla, ginger, and pine.
Several benefits of a good perfume are made at home such as-
- It enhances the mood of a person.
- It makes you look attractive.
- It boosts confidence and health.
- It cures headaches.
Let us now start with a perfect way to make perfume at home and know the importance of making perfume or body mist at home. Below, we have curated the three best perfume recipes for every woman out there. So, start scrolling and know about the best way to make perfume at home.
- Perfume made with essential oils
What you will need
- 2 tablespoon of carrier oil such as jojoba, sweet almond, grapeseed according to your preference
- 6 tablespoons of vodka
- 30 drops of essential oils (9 drops for top notes, 15 drops for middle notes, and 6 drops for base notes)
- A funnel
- 5 tablespoons of water
- Clean glass bottles with airtight lids
- Coffee filter
The process to make perfume using essential oils
- Pour the carrier oil into the glass bottle. Then, add the base, middle, and top notes.
- Add alcohol and secure the liquid with a lid, and let it sit almost for 48 hours.
- After you are satisfied with the scent strength, add water, and shake the bottle continuously for 1 minute.
- Use a coffee filter and funnel to transfer the scent to other bottles.
- Perfume using flowers
What you need
- Medium-sized bowl covered with the lid
- Small saucepan
- 2 cups of chopped flowers
- 2 cups of distilled water
- Glass bottle with an airtight stopper (washed and sterilized)
How to make perfume with flowers
- Wash out the flower petals to remove the dirt.
- Soak the flowers in cheesecloth overnight and cover them with the lid.
- Squeeze the cloth in a saucepan to extract the flower-scented water and simmer it over low heat.
- Check that you are left with about one teaspoon of liquid.
- Pour cold water into the liquid and add it to a bottle.
- Leave it again overnight.
- Roll-on perfume made with fruit
What you need
- 1 roll-on bottle
- 3 drops of neroli essential oil
- 3 drops of mandarin essential oil
- 2 drops of sweet orange oil
- 2 drops of cedarwood atlas oil
- 1 teaspoon of liquid carrier oil
How to make the perfume
- Drop all the essential oils in a bottle and mix it.
- Add carrier oil to it.
- Transfer all these things into the roll-on bottle.
- Cover it with a lid and roll it between your hands to mix firmly.
- After the perfume is made, roll it on your wrists and behind your ears.
Pro tips to consider while making the perfume
- As the base notes are dominant, it is good to add them once at a time after you know the perfect balance of the fragrance.
- Use spray top bottles to make the application easy and enjoy your perfume.
Making perfume on your own is considered a skill, and it gives you the best scent or fragrance according to your convenience. This also lets you avoid all the chemicals and customize the fragrance according to your requirements. And, you must agree that creating something with your hands is very special. So, make your favorite perfume from the recipes listed above and try it.