Are you new to betting on eSports? It’s much easier than you may think. But loving eSports and having a clue of the gameplay is not enough to secure you a winning wager. You’ve got some groundwork ahead of you, but luckily, we’ve laid out the roadmap in preparation for this journey. Let’s get started.
How You Can Bet on eSports
eSports have evolved as much as any other sport in the world. Remember how you could bet on outright winners in football? You can do the same thing in eSports. Anything popular in conventional wagering has weaved its way into the eSports world. We’re not even shocked that eSports betting live has now taken hold, enabling you to bet on events in real-time. These are but a scratch of the surface in eSports. Let’s broaden the possibilities, shall we?
- Real Money Betting: If you are in it to make money, this is the way to go. You place real money on wagers, and if you are right, you get to take the winnings home. Most people participate in these bets for their superb payouts.
- Skin Betting: This form of betting, also known as item betting, enables eSports fans to swap items and currencies used in video games. These are virtual currencies that you can convert into real money by wagering them on actual games.
- Social Betting: If your friends are also interested in eSports, you can place bets amongst yourselves for real money, skins, or any other items you find to be suitable. The rules, in this case, come down to gentlemen’s agreements.
- Fantasy Betting: While this gameplay uses the term betting, it’s more of fantasy sports, much like fantasy football. Create your dream team and see what comes of it.
- Challenge Betting: This gameplay works between players, much like skins betting. Based on informal agreements or matches set up by third parties, players go against each other for real money, skins, or other items.
How To Bet Strategically on eSports
Whether you are going up against another player, placing a bet with a bookie, or playing for skins, you’ll want to set yourself up for a win and not failure. But how do you do this? Easy!
Hedging Your Risk
As a beginner, you are likely to lose more than you win, which can be frustrating at first. We advise that you prepare for this by accepting this fact early on. It makes it easier to walk away from losses instead of chasing them. But there are ways you can reduce the risk to which you are exposed. These include:
- Learning to read odds and understanding what they indicate in terms of payouts and probabilities.
- Choosing reputable betting sites with good reviews from past and present users, such as www.esportsbettingwebsites.com. Look into their payment options, customer support, range of eSports games, quality of odds, licensing, and bonuses.
- Being clear about what you expect from the wagering. People often equate this with financial objectives, but it does not always have to be the case. For example, your goal can be to make $500 a month from bets. However, you might not always hit this amount (keep in mind that you could lose all your bankroll). You can also choose aims like betting on x games per month, having fun or even learning more about a game.
- Capping your expenditure. Once you start wagering, you will realize that sticking to a budget is easier said than done. That’s why you should set a budget even before wagering on the first game. Figure out how much money you are okay with losing and use that as your budget. If you lose it all, find something else to do but do not wager money that was not meant for betting.
Understanding the Gameplay
It’s hard to gauge a team’s performance if you have no idea what they should be doing on the field. We recommend watching enough games and reading about the games you’re interested in to get a feel of the gameplay. On this note, take time to look through each team before an event and assess the players’ forms. Only then can you evaluate a team and figure out how well or poorly they have performed in a game.
Picking a Niche
There are tons of eSports and understanding all the gameplays would take a lot of work. Besides, it’s impossible to learn all the game rules. What can you do instead? You can zero in on a niche you enjoy. While this will reduce your gambling opportunities, it makes it easier to become an expert in specific games and place winning wagers while you are at it.
It will take a while before you can confidently claim to be an eSports betting expert. Until then, practice objectivity in your betting decisions, and it will pay off in the end.